Friday, October 21, 2022

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh

September was a bit hectic for me.

However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still in the process of making music, and that has a positive effect on my brain.  So I have been more active than usual when it comes to talking with friends and other people.
The other day, my close friend (note: "shin yuu" in Japanese) came to visit me at my house, and we spent the day together.  My house is furnished with the expectation that people will visit, but I don't have that many visitors.  But my visitor is a dear friend, and it was a lot of fun.  We watched dramas, and youtube videos together, we went to the supermarket and bought food, cooked, and had some drinks too.

This is the eggplant and green pepper stew that we made.

We have been together since we were young (10dai, 10-19 years old), but we are older now.

Our homes serve a purpose, and we usually develop a daily routine.  But watching a different drama on tv, or having a conversation can be refreshing.
I felt that both my brain and heart became richer.  

I look forward to having more visitors.

Make a habit of ... for yourself

While this happened, my work has been progressing, and I have had a lot to think about, which made this month seem to go by faster than usual.

This is what I am aware of this time of the year: don't lose sight of where your heart is.
When I work, I try to integrate into the team I work with, so when I work on multiple projects, and there's a homelike atmosphere at each one, I feel blessed.
The time and space where we work is of course comfortable, but sometimes when you put all your energy into it, you can get lost in your own feelings.  It's a bit like when you have been staying at a friend's house, and haven't been home for a while.  It may be fun being there, but you begin to miss your home.  Something like that.  Can you relate to that feeling?  I guess it's about having a base. 

At such times, no matter how busy I am, I try to soak in the bathtub, or take a walk in the neighborhood at night, it depends on the time of the year, but I try to feel that I'm back home.  This isn't something I do, but I think it would be fun to make a habit of playing a game when I return home, and doing my best!
Funnily enough, when I talked to my manager about this, she said that while she is also very busy, having dinner with her child at a certain time every day, is the most important time of the day for her.

I am really looking forward to the start of the tour, because what really makes me feel like myself when it comes to my work, is performing live.  The tour is approaching, and I will have to do my best.  

By the way, the songs that are now being completed are really cool.  Please look forward to them.

https://wanibooks-newscrunch.com/articles/-/3586

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...