Friday, April 2, 2021

Rihokora #20 - Apr 3, 2021 - A new life, with your head up high

The "you can do it" (donikanaru) wave

This is the 20th installment of Rihokora.  Thank you to everyone who has been reading my column.

The series started in July of last year, and thankfully, I have been able to intuitively write, as much as I can, about what I feel at the time, while many changes have been taking place in my life.

I have been doing things suddenly, such as starting a special dance feature.  These sudden decisions of mine have been accepted, which makes it easy for me to write.  I am grateful to be in such an environment.

So, the new year is here.  Are any of you starting something new?  Are you looking forward to it?  Or are you nervous?

I have been in many different environments, and no matter what happens, or whether, at the time, I am thinking "This is the worst!", I have come to realize that things always work out!

I have had these "This is the worst!" feelings many times, but thanks to everyone, I am still doing well.  It wasn't all by myself.  I had a lot of help.  It's what I call the "you can do it" wave.  If you want to do something, you can make it happen.  

When I think about what I am doing now, I feel that everything that has happened led to this moment.  I have learned, for example, not to say hurtful things others have said to me and made me depressed.  If something I do makes others happy, I will continue to do it.  And since I have been helped by other people, I would like to be a person that helps back.

The first step... is to believe in a bright future

There are times when something may traumatize you or affect your mental health.  At such times it is difficult to think positively.  However, with time it is possible to recover, by putting yourself in an environment where you can calm down, and not push yourself too much.

Of course, we should be determined to do our best at work or school.  However, unless it's absolutely necessary, we shouldn't be sacrificing our body or mind.

I am ashamed to admit that there was a time when I thought it was cool to work hard, even if it meant destroying myself.  I think it's good to be honest with ourselves sometimes.

As long as we don't do anything bad, or hurtful to others, I think it is ok.  When we make a mistake, we must reflect on it, and try to improve.

When we are worried, that means we are taking a problem seriously.  So we should be proud of that.  That's what I tell myself.

Once I have done all that, I feel I can be kinder, both to myself and to others.

The change of seasons is the time when a lot of people become anxious, right?  I thought it would be a good idea to write about that, based on my own experiences.  Hopefully my words can be a very, very small "omamori"* for those entering a new environment.  I am also a person that is still learning.

*an amulet commonly sold at Shinto shrines or Buddhist temples that provides various forms of luck or protection

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year!  

Ah, it's something totally unrelated, but please take a look at this.

My mother, out of the blue sent me a message saying "I made this!" 

She doesn't use Instagram, but it looks so much better than anything on my Instagram.

https://wanibooks-newscrunch.com/articles/-/1828

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...