Thursday, July 22, 2021

UTB Vol. 305 Riho Sayashi interview excerpt

 This is a small excerpt from the interview Riho gave to UTB Vol. 305, which was released yesterday.


Sayashi will release her ep DAYBREAK on August 4th, and will have her first solo live on August 9th.  This is her first appearance in the magazine in about half a year.  In response to her request to have a photoshoot surrounded by books, it was done in a library.  How did Sayashi feel facing the camera now that she is in a new stage in her career and excited about what she is creating?

- You had a lot of challenges and encounters while you were 22.

- 2019 and 2020 were quite different.  There were many things I had not experienced before, and it was very exciting.

You started writing Rihokora(mu) exactly 1 year ago, and I was impressed by how frustrated you were when you said "after a 5 year absence, I still haven't regained my (performance) instincts".

- Performing on stage is not the same as taking lessons.  The atmosphere when practicing and performing is completely different because of the audience.  I realized how important and useful it was to perform at all these different places.

- Have you been preparing for your 1st live in August?

- I think you will be surprised by the various things I have planned.  I have tried some new things, but I don't want to completely change the image people have of me.  It would make me happy if everyone can see how I approach and create music on my own.

https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20210721-1927343/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...