Friday, May 14, 2021

Rihokora #23 - May 15, 2021 - We are all unique

 It's all about the moment!

Cherish the moment!  This is the time of year I have the most trouble finding what clothes to wear.  It's too early to switch to summer clothes, and I often pick outfits that end up not matching the temperature outside.  This is pointed out to me frequently at work, so I now bring a jacket with me to be flexible, and adapt to the temperature.  I guess that's the way to go during this season.

Recently, I have been waking up early in the morning, and finding time to have breakfast.  Before I go to sleep at night, I sit on my bed and use my computer.  I'm trying to find time to read more, but I really shouldn't be looking at the computer screen too much before going to bed.

I watch very few dramas or movies, but when I do, I become addicted, even if I'm often late to the party.  I'm always trying to catch up.  But the past is already gone, and the present moment, is all we have.

So today I would like to introduce two works I have seen recently.

My latest recommendations

First, there's a drama called "Modern Love".  It takes place in New York, a city I love.  The stories are based on a column published by the New York Times.  It consists of 8 self-contained episodes, and each one is about 30 minutes long, so it's an easy series to start watching.

New York may be big population-wise, but is actually small area-wise, and the series made me wonder if such love dramas happen every day there.  If I could go back to New York now, I would pay even more attention to the people I would see every day (lol).  Despite being a short series with very casual stories, it leaves a strong impression, and I was thinking about it, long after I watched it.

The 2nd one is "This is us", a series about a family.  This is a story that doesn't focus just on one character, but on the entire family, and the struggles each one of them goes through.  4 seasons are already out, but I just finished watching Season 1.

We all think we are struggling with different things, but everyone has their own worries and concerns (things such as a bad situation they are in, or their appearance).  People often think their life will be better if they overcome their issues, but sometimes it may be better to accept who you are.  Also, sometimes we act in good faith, but end up making things worse for other people.  These are the topics the series deals with, and even if you can't relate to the characters, you can at least sympathize with them, and re-evaluate your own priorities while watching.  That's all for now.

There may not be a point in trying to figure out the meaning of life, but we should at least aspire to live comfortably, and happily.  My live performance on May 28 has been postponed, but I have this coffee from my official store to keep me company while watching dramas.


I hope to see everyone again under better circumstances.

https://wanibooks-newscrunch.com/articles/-/1963


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...