Saturday, August 21, 2021

DAYBREAK concert reviews summary

There were a lot of interesting articles about the DAYBREAK concert, and I wanted to do a brief summary, by focusing on reports of what we couldn't see on tv, and what Riho talked about during the concert.



Before the performance started Toyosu PIT had a long line of fans waiting to get in, and the venue was full of people wearing red t-shirts with the live concert logo.  The capacity of the venue was limited to 50% due to the measures.  Nevertheless, there was an audience of about 1500. 

After singing the first song "BUTAI", Riho said "tadaima!" (=I'm home, I'm here).  She then added "I'm really, really happy to be here this day.  I am grateful to be able to share this moment with all of you in this difficult situation".  She then talked about the decision to postpone the concert in May, and recalled the support she received from the fans when that decision was made, saying "I will keep you all in my heart".

After "Find me out", and "Simply me", the band improvised for a bit, and Riho said "I want to listen to that at dawn.  It's very relaxing".  She then talked about all the songs.  "BUTAI" is a song that expresses her support for herself on stage.  "Simply me" is a song where everyone can get together and dance.  "Find me out" is a song with a sound that is fresh and new for her, but also very much her own.  "Puzzle" is written for a close friend, and "LAZER" a message that she is sending.

In the VTR that followed "Ano hi yakusoku shita kara" (the song she first performed in January), she said "I tried choreographing for the first time in "LAZER", and it was very difficult because dancing and doing choreography are very different things."  Also, "I have waited for this moment.  I want to make this live a time where I can express my feelings and deliver them to everyone".  At this time, the 2022 tour was announced, and Riho added "I am happy.  I would like to play more songs at the tour."

After "LAZER", and as the fans held little signs saying "okaeri" (=welcome back), Riho's first reaction was "I don't know what to say... I'm so happy".   Riho then mentioned that "If I had gotten the timing a bit wrong, I was going to quit singing, but you, the fans encouraged me to go on, and I'm now back on the stage.  This moment is special.  I'm fortunate to be in such a warm place.  I hope I can pay you back in the future."  She ended the concert saying "see you again!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...