Friday, September 10, 2021

Riho Sayashi new drama "MomoUme"

 "MomoUme" is a new Hulu drama based on a very popular youtube anime, with more than 100 million total views.  4 episodes of approximately 9 minutes each will air every Friday at 9 pm JST.  The first episode aired on September 10th. The series has a total of 40 episodes.

"MomoUme" is about two OL (office ladies/office workers) from different generations: the 24 year old Momo-chan, and the 40 year old veteran Ume-san, who unexpectedly become good friends.


Riho Sayashi plays Yo-chan, one of the main characters in the story.  


She has the purest heart out of all the workers in Momo-chan's class.  She takes her work, romance, and relationships very seriously, and she often goes for advice to Momo-chan, and  another worker, whose real name is a mystery, but everyone calls Osha kuso nee-san (played by Chiaki Kuriyama of Kill Bill fame).

Riho's comments:  

"Last year my father recommended the original anime and I immediately became addicted to it.  I never thought I could become part of this project, so I'm really happy!

I hope I can express Yo-chan's warmth and kindness.  I was nervous on the first day of shooting because it was just me, Ito-san (Momo), and Eguchi-san (Ume), but it was a lot of fun, and we were laughing the entire time.  I hope we can deliver this same atmosphere on screen."

MomoUme can be viewed on Hulu (a free trial is available).  Riho did not appear in the first episodes, but her role is quite significant, so we should expect to see her more in the episodes that will follow.

https://www.ntv.co.jp/momoume/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...