Friday, January 7, 2022

Rihokora #40 - Jan. 8, 2022 - I was surprised!

 This year, is the second time*!

(Note: I believe Riho is referring to the fact that she was born in 1998, which was the year of the Tiger, and 2022 is her second year of the Tiger after 2010)

Happy new year everyone.  I hope you will continue supporting me and Rihokora(mu) in 2022.  2022 is the year of the tiger and I will be turning 24.
I suddenly remembered that when I was in elementary school, my parents took me to the zoo, and let me hold a baby tiger.  I'm not sure about this, but I think we had a conversation such as "it's the year of the tiger, so it's great you got to hold a baby tiger."  I thought I had already told all the stories from my childhood, but I guess there's more that I keep remembering.

I have been rehearsing every day for the January tour.  I am glad I have been busy with live performances and music activities.
When we do music activities, there are always teams formed for song production, or for live performance production.  Since I'm only 23, most of my team members are older than me.  I've been working for 11 years now, but I've always been the youngest member of the team, even in my own projects.
It takes me time to get to know people, and I tend to get intimidated when I am around older people, and I was worried that it would be hard to work, if such feelings continued to exist.  However, after I thought about it, I realized how lucky I am to be the youngest.  Ever since my debut, I have been supported by my relationships with my senpai, and I think it's ok to continue to rely on them.

A real baby tiger!?

When I get to know them, I find it very helpful and enjoyable to talk about various things to my senpai.  I think I actually fit in better with them now.
It's not just because they can share their knowledge about music or the entertainment industry, but it's also because they can share information such as "that inn in Kyushu has a great view, it's relatively close to the airport, and the building has a long history".

When I'm with younger people I keep thinking that I have to be strong, but I don't have to think like that when talking to my senpai.  I feel very lucky that I am again the youngest in my current work environment.

Since I started my solo work, people I met for the first time would often call me a baby, which annoyed me at first, but as I gave it more thought, I realized "maybe I'm still a baby!"


During the rehearsal, I thought "I haven't taken any pictures.  I need to take one!", and I took a picture of myself in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...