Friday, February 4, 2022

Rihokora #42 - Feb. 5, 2022 - Don't let the cold get to you

 A strong ally for this season!

I feel that every year I have less and less tolerance to both cold and heat.  I am typing this right now while drinking a bottle of hot water.  I hate the cold now, but you know what?  When I was an elementary/junior high school student, I would wear mini skirts/knee high socks in the winter.  Such outfits were in fashion at the time, I guess.  I can't imagine myself going out in the cold like that now.

It seems that knee high boots are back in fashion.  I see people wearing them both online and in the city, especially those in my age group.  I don't know how they can stand the cold.  My feet get cold, even if I'm home, wearing socks and slippers.  

In such cases, hot water bottles are a life saver.
If you cook for yourself at home, you can use a hotpot.  I am doing that now and enjoying my food.  I should take a photo, but it didn't really look too fancy, so I didn't take one.  I will take one another time.  But regardless, watching movies and dramas, while keeping myself warm, is what I enjoy doing the most these days.

Becoming a real adult...

I watch a lot of Korean dramas now.  The other day I was watching a drama called "Nevertheless", and as I was watching, I began to understand the meaning of phrases such as "is that so?" or "I hate it".  A lot of words sound similar to Japanese ones, right?  I thought, this may not be the same as when I study English, but I am still learning words by listening.

Well, I need to start listening to English again.  I also need to start practicing guitar again.  There's so much I've been meaning to do, but haven't been able to.  I wonder how people with a lot of hobbies can make time for them.  For me, it's only when I start doing something that I think "Oh, I have to do laundry" or "I have to get ready for work tomorrow".  Can anyone relate to that?  I end up taking forever to do things, which is annoying.

I don't want to be an adult that gets cold easily, but an adult that uses her spare time more efficiently.



p.s. I'd like to introduce something new I got.  It's called a bubble clock.  It doesn't measure time like an hourglass, but you can watch the bubbles come and go.  I fell in love at first sight when I saw it at the store, and bought it.  I can't stop looking at it.  It's so relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...