Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Rihokora #14, January 9, 2021

 ()すばれるはずのない2人: 2 people who shouldn’t be together

Happy New Year!

新 年 の ご あ い さ つ

Happy new year everyone.

It’s 2021! Does it feel like a new year?

To me, it didn’t, but as New Year’s Eve turned to New Year’s Day, some people contacted me to congratulate me, and I also bought a Kagami mochi (see picture) for the first time, and it finally did.

Tomorrow (I think she made a mistake :) ) on the 11th, I will be delivering a song live, and since it is also Kagami Biraki day, I hope I can use my Kagami mochi to make o-zoni soup, and get ready for the performance. It seems to bring good luck.


If you have time, please come and watch it. It will be free and not too long.


Recommended films for 2021


In the first Rihokora of 2021 I will recommend a movie and a drama for the first time in a long time.


The cold season has arrived, and people are not going out as much, even during the holidays. It’s also scary (covid) when the city is crowded. I wouldn’t go out anyway because I simply don’t like the cold.

For this reason, I would like to recommend some movies for the holidays.

This time, I would like to introduce you to a 2013 movie called “Her”.

It’s a story about a man named Theodore, and an artificial intelligence named Samantha. The AI answers questions like Siri and Alexa do, programs which many of us use nowadays, but in addition to that, every OS has its own emotions.

In the world of this story, anyone can purchase this OS, and become best friends with them, or even lovers, and when Theodore gets an AI called Samantha, he gradually becomes attracted to her.

The movie is about an unusual love story between a human and an AI.

It’s something of a science fiction story, very futuristic, which also feels very close to our reality, as if it could happen now. So I really enjoyed it. Maybe it’s because the film was made 7 or 8 years ago, and technology is more advanced now, so it feels even more relevant.

Regarding their love affair and how it develops, I would recommend watching the movie, but I will say that Theodore is confronted by problems caused by the AI.

In addition to the story, the visuals are also very nice, and I really believe that the interior/stage design is one of the aspects that makes this film attractive.

I really liked the colors.

If I lived in a world where an AI could become my best friend, I would definitely get one.

I saw this film for the first time when I was feeling a little homesick during my studies abroad, and I thought that if AI could cure my loneliness, I could live without being a burden to anyone. Lol

I really like this movie, and it’s the only movie I have watched so many times. I’m not the type of person that watches many movies though.


Also, recently, although I was really late, I finally began watching the k-drama “Crash Landing on You”. Time flies when watching this drama, and after watching 3 episodes, I forced myself to turn off the tv because I couldn’t stop watching it lol

I will try to watch more episodes when I have peace of mind and am not overwhelmed by deadlines.


The cold is only going to get worse, and I hope everyone is able to sleep and eat well, to get through this winter in good health. See you next time!

https://wanibooks-newscrunch.com/articles/-/1573


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...