Saturday, June 26, 2021

Rihokora #26 - June 26, 2021 - No need to worry

Recently, I've had this strange desire

Flowers are really beautiful, aren't they?
Do you decorate your house with flowers?  It's been a year or two since I began doing so.

Right now, I have himawari (sunflowers), and kikyo (Japanese bellflowers) at home.  The walls at my place have rather monotone and not very bright colors, so the vivid colors of the flowers stand out, and make everything more beautiful.
I got this bouquet for my birthday.  It's pretty!  The colors that make the room sparkle are keeping me energized while typing this.

What I want to talk about this time is this strange desire I have recently.  So I have a strong desire to go to high places.  I don't mean that metaphorically (although I am ambitious too), but literally.
As I walk, I have noticed I am almost always looking up.  Tokyo is a big city, so it is natural to see skyscrapers and other tall buildings, but what I think of when I see them is that I want to see the city through the windows of such buildings.  I wondered why I was attracted to such high places, and I guess what I am really interested in is seeing the city being alive.

Not tired at all lol

I have a new favorite place where I go because the sunsets there are beautiful.  What I like about this place is that I can feel the power of space, greenery, and the sky at the same time.  I can sit on the ground, and there's a large lawn in front of where I'm sitting, with nothing obstructing the view.  There are trees and buildings at the right spots, with the right amount of "flavor".

Looking at colorful images on your phone or even on paper, can be a bit tiring.  However, the scenery at this spot was not tiring at all.  My eyes felt the same way I feel at an onsen.  I sat down to take a 10 minute break, but I ended up staying for about an hour.

The other desire I have is to walk without a destination.  This is something I often think about at night, and I ended up doing it, briefly the other day. I walked as far as I could, while also making sure I was still within a walking distance from my house.  Looking back to the experience, I was looking at the tall buildings, and moving in their direction.  I walked for about 3 hours.

I wonder how far I can walk if I keep going without thinking about the future.  Writing it out like that, it sounds really hard to do, but it really isn't.  Because of the lockdown, I rarely go out to eat at night, and I miss the crowded city streets, full of lights and people.  But going on walks can be exciting on its own.

It is easy to feel down when your nights are quiet, but exploring the excitement of quietness can also be fun.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...