Friday, September 3, 2021

Junkyouju Takatsuki Akira no Suisatsu Ep. 5 - Riho Sayashi interview & Synopsis

- Please tell us about the role of Nanako Katsuragi.
- Nanako, who I play, is 23 years old, and really wants to be a voice actress.  She moves to Tokyo, despite her parents' objections, but every time she moves, mysterious phenomena occur.  When I read the script I thought she was a straightforward person.  She acts younger than her age sometimes (laughs), and can be a bit naive.

- What do you have in common with Nanako?
- I'm the type of person that has a hard time choosing what to have for lunch (laughs), but when I think "this is it!", I become very stubborn and nothing can change my mind.  When I was in Morning Musume, for example, I thought "I want to study abroad!", so that's one similarity we have.  Also, Nanako is from Kyushu, and I am from Hiroshima, so we both came to Tokyo from the countryside.  Thankfully my parents have always been very supportive, but if they were not, I probably would have done the same thing Nanako did.  She's very similar to me, so I played the role with a lot of enthusiasm.

- The character has some scary experiences.  What scary experiences have you had?
- This is such a coincidence (laughs), but I had a scary experience at my house while shooting this drama!  I returned home, and music began playing on my phone, which was about 10 meters away from where I was.  I thought "did I set that as my ringtone?", but no, and it wasn't a timer either.  There are of course smart appliances that respond when you speak, but my phone began playing music, without me having said anything.  I said to myself "eh?!" (laughs)

- What was it like working with Inoo-san (Inoo Kei)?
-  The image I had of Inoo-san was that of an extrovert, who shares his feelings with everyone, and that impression became stronger after meeting him.  He's a person who talks to everyone, including myself, casually, and creates a very positive atmosphere.  Today, I was shooting with Inoo-san and Okada-san (Okada Yui), and during breaks we had a lot of fun talking about curry shops.  We shared information on which ones are the best, and I can't wait to explore them (laughs)!



- What is your impression of Jinguji-san (Jinguji Yuta)?
- I hadn't met Jinguji-san before, but I've seen him dance on tv with King & Prince and I thought "amazing!"  But when I met him in person, he was very kind and polite, despite being the same age as me.  While filming, Inoo-san and Jinguji-san were concerned about their flexibility and made it their goal to improve.  They asked me if I'm flexible, and I showed them an exercise, reaching the floor with my hands.  When I told them I do a lot of stretching before I perform, both of them said they do very little stretching, and my response was "it's really impressive you can dance like that without warming up properly!"



- What about Okada-san?
- I only had the chance to meet Okada-san once.  Today was the first time we had the chance to properly talk, and we talked as if we had known each other for a long time!  She was probably worried that as a guest star, I wouldn't be as close to the regular cast, and spent a lot of time talking to me.  I think she's a couple of years younger than me, but she's a very caring and lovely person.

- Please give a message to the viewers.
- Episode 5 is a bit scary.  Mysterious events occur, but it has a feelgood ending.  I hope everyone is looking forward to how it will end!

Episode 5 Synopsis: The episode features a young woman, Nanako Katsuragi, who has come to Tokyo to chase her dreams, but ends up consulting Associate Professor Takatsuki because mysterious things keep happening, no matter how many times she changes apartments.  Professor Takatsuki (Inoo), and Ruiko (Okada) head to the real estate agency, and meet Nanako's landlord and his son.  Is Nanako cursed?  Will Takatsuki meet a real monster?  Stay tuned... 

The episode will air on Saturday, September 4th, at 23:40 (11:40 pm) on Tokai TV, and Fuji TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...