Thursday, September 2, 2021

Riho Sayashi Entame NEXT interview - Aug. 19, 2021

 Another interview from before the DAYBREAK concert.  I think that many of these interviews took place on the same day, and some of Riho's answers were included in several publications.  Here I have translated only the answers that haven't appeared somewhere else.  It's a rather funny interview, with some original questions!


- You have introduced some of your favorite dance videos on instagram and in your columns, but do you have any favorite songs or artists when it comes to music?

- I listen to a lot, but only at a superficial level (laughs).  Hmm... right now I'm into millennium parade, and I play their music a lot at home.  It's like, the sound hits all the right spots, or maybe I just like it (laughs).  It makes me want to dance, and it makes me feel good, so I listen to it a lot.

- Other than teineina kurashi (="polite living" or a minimalist lifestyle) and comedy, what else are you interested in right now?
- I've always wanted to play an instrument, and I often start and stop playing, but I decided I wanted to play guitar, so I bought one at the beginning of the year.  I became discouraged and stopped practicing after a while, but I have been practicing hard again for about a week now, because I don't want to do all the important things I have to do right now (laughs).  So I'm doing it to pass the time, but I'm gradually getting better.  It feels a lot like studying English, and my fingertips have been hurting.

- You also played on the radio, right?
- I was terrible, but I've improved a lot since!

- Maybe you will do a concert one day?
- Maybe in 10 years (laughs)!

- I look forward to it!  You have always seemed to be a shy person, but now you are working with people you've never met before on the radio and in dramas.  How has it been for you?
- I've always been shy and reserved at first, but once I get to know someone, I talk a lot.  On the radio, I try to do my best, and to create a fun atmosphere, so that my guests will feel comfortable enough to open up to me.  Working on dramas is different.  There are people who are very cooperative, and others who are very shy.  I am grateful to those who try to help me out, but if the other person is also shy, I try to say something like "It's a little hot today, isn't it?" (laughs)

- So you talk about the weather, right? (laughs)
- That's the golden rule (laughs).  I also say things like "You're early today, aren't you?"  I try to start a conversation despite being shy myself.

- When you were in the group, you didn't seem to talk a lot about yourself, but now you have many opportunities to do that on the radio or in other media.
- I may be the host of my radio show, but I'm not an interviewer, and I don't see the point of being there if I just listen.  I've always thought that it wouldn't be my show if I didn't share my own stories, so it's a conscious choice to do so.  Especially on the radio, where you can only hear my voice, I try to convey who I am as a person.  I'm also worried that my guests will take over the show (laughs).

- You said recently that you want to be an interesting person.  Tell us of a time where you thought you were interesting lately!
- It's funny but there are times when I think "Why am I doing these things?"  For example, the other day I was drinking coffee before leaving the house, and when I was about to walk out the door, I still had the cup in my hand and went "ahh..." (laughs)

- So did you go out (with the cup)?
- Almost (laughs).  There are also times when I have forgotten something at home, but when I return home I can't remember what it was (laughs).

- It's difficult living by yourself, but it's good that you are talking to people, right?  But I think your fans are looking forward to those funny stories.
- They are?  Well, I'm glad I am giving them what they want (laughs).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...