Friday, October 1, 2021

Rihokora #33 - Oct. 2 - Preparing for the live shows

 Fatigue is somehow comforting
As you all know, I am a singer and dancer, and right now, I am preparing for next year's tour with the staff and writers, imagining and conceptualizing the songs, and what it will be like to perform them on stage.  While I want to emit a strong message through my work, there are still many things that I need to work out, and I am trying to finalize everything via trial and error.  As I am preparing, it may seem that I have been more quiet than usual, I guess.

Everyday, I try to summarize my ideas and thoughts, and share them with the people I work with, so that we can discuss them.  Doing this every day requires a lot of physical and mental effort, and I have been trying to keep a good balance between eating, sleeping, and exercising.  This process has been too exhausting for my brain lol
On the other hand, it is interesting, and rewarding to brainstorm with the people I work with.  Not only because I hear different opinions, but also because they will point out interesting things I said, even in cases where I thought I had made a rather simple remark.  I have the opportunity to look at things from a completely different angle, and this can give me a new perspective.
How can I describe this... It feels like solving a puzzle every day.

What is the reward for crossing a mountain? 
While thinking about things on your own can also be useful, I feel that discussing things in a team is a very important process.  I can gain new perspectives, as well as a better understanding of my own way of thinking.  I want to be openminded on all issues (note: Riho uses the expression "flexible as clay"), and I am grateful to my team for helping me find my "sensitivity" (kansei) within me.  We have given a lot of thought to this, and I hope we can deliver what we intend to do, on stage, in the best way possible.

I am writing this column on a day that I had a really exhausting meeting, and I am glad it was completed successfully.  To give you an idea of what I mean, I had to make a presentation to a large group of people.  I had to prepare, present it well, and then wait for everyone's reaction to it.  That's a situation that would make everyone nervous, right?

Today was one of those days for me.  The meeting went well, and I can finally relax.  Instead of alcohol I am having a fancy, non-alcoholic shandygaff.

 Thank you everyone for your hard work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...