Friday, October 15, 2021

Rihokora #34 - Oct. 16, 2021 - Small spaces are good

 A small change can change your life!?

I go out a lot to get work done because I can't concentrate at home, and I want to stop doing that as much as I do (getting dressed to go out is really time consuming).
The other day I placed a partition around my laptop, and it helped me concentrate on my work.  

I get tired of everything in my room being the same, so I often make rearrangements.  My desk isn't against the wall anymore, but in a position that allows me to see the entire room.  But doing that allows me to see the furniture and everything else.  Absorbing all that information becomes distracting, and the partition solved that problem for me.  



You can find really good ones online for less than 2 thousand yen.  There are many different types of course, so I would recommend that you get the style that suits you the most.  If you have difficulties studying or working at home, it could change your life, like it did to me.  I recommend it because it gives you a sense of privacy.

Having said that, I am currently writing this column in a coffeeshop lol
But that is what I am doing when I am at home nowadays.

The perfect companion to make my time at home more fulfilling

Because of this change, I have been spending time at my desk again, most of my time at home actually.  One of the things I do at my desk is watch movies and dramas on my computer, and I have watched a lot more than I did last month.

I've watched season 1 of the much talked about "Squid Game".  I began watching it in the middle of the night, but I was so curious about what would happen that I stayed up until late to watch more episodes.  To put it very briefly, it's a story about people with debts who fight to the death to become rich.  The characters are all interesting, and there are surprising moments.

The extreme conditions make the characters behave immorally, but it's hard to say how anyone would behave if they were in the same position.  There are some brutal scenes, so it may not be for everyone, but it's a very interesting drama.  I'm sure a lot of people will be wearing the characters' jerseys (jaji) on Halloween this year.

I am also watching "Friends" a lot, which makes me feel like I am studying again abroad.  I miss being in New York.  But it's ok, I have no plans to leave Japan at the moment.

It's finally getting colder, isn't it?  This is a good time to stay at home.  What kind of movies or dramas do you like to watch at home during this season?  I would love to know.  I may ask about it in my next instagram post, so give it some thought please.

p.s. I have been buying coffee beans lately (or receiving them as gifts), and I have been making hot coffee at home more often.  It makes me happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...