Saturday, October 30, 2021

Rihokora #35 - October 30, 2021 - Don't let your guard down

Nostalgic feelings are valuable
I have all these deadlines, but then, as it gets late, I fall asleep before I know it.  In the morning, I wake up to the annoying sound of the alarm, but I have no choice but to get up.  It's a good thing though to have this kind of lifestyle.

This year, winter came really suddenly, didn't it?  I always start my mornings with a warm drink before I start my daily activities.  One morning, as I was warming myself up with my drink, I looked back, thinking about how I once dreaded both nights and mornings.  I loved sleeping, but I didn't have a proper sleeping schedule, and that made me sad.
What was it like?  As soon as I went to bed, all my concerns would line up in front of my eyes.  Until the morning, I would be trying to brush away those concerns, and that went on and on.
This was a complicated issue, and there was no clear answer, or a magic solution that would solve everything.  Every person's situation is different.  That's why we have to approach such situations from various perspectives every day.  I am still getting to know myself.

Anyway, that is what I have been nostalgic about lately.

Don't let your guard down!  Unexpected dangers
Well, I saw on the news that most of the restrictions regarding hours of operation of restaurants are being lifted.  It's not something that really affects me, but I felt a sense of relief when I heard the news.  It was the kind of feeling you have when you return home and take off your belt to relax.  At the same time, I am worried that the current, improved situation (regarding covid) could easily get bad again, and I don't want that to happen.

Here's a story from a long time ago.  My elementary school building was quite old, and the facilities were not always in the best condition.  For example, there was one faucet, in a row of 5 or 6 that would discharge water in various directions, and after a while, everyone stopped using it.  But one day I thought, it should be ok by now, turned it on, and the water hit my blazer.  And this was in the winter.  So we shouldn't let our guard down.

I hope we will be able to get through this winter, without any complications, that everyone stays warm, and doesn't get sick, and of course stay hydrated.

p.s.  I went to a restaurant with my manager for the first hot pot of this winter, and we ordered motsunabe.  

What is everyone's favorite hot pot?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rihokora #51 - September 29, 2022 - Home is where the heart is

The daily routine becomes something fresh September was a bit hectic for me. However, as I mentioned in last month's column, I am still ...